Saturday 19 May 2012

I'm a Granny. Not only do I love Earl Grey tea and knitting I have already had operations on both my knees from years of hammering them at ice skating.  A couple of days ago however I had my first lesson back on the ice with the great James Young aka Jimmy to anyone in British Ice Dance! It was such a nice lesson, and it really felt good doing the good old dances such as the Tango Romantica - I could almost forget the odd twinges in my granny knees.....

About to skate the Rumba in last year's Championships before my second knee operation.



However, after such an energetic morning, I was aching all over so decided to go back to my comfort zone - a pleasant little wander around the V&A.
Busy bee - man on the information desk who never stopped , just constantly helping.

This woman in the foyer caught my eye  as she  must have only been  about 5'2 yet she had this coat draped over her, completely weighing her down. Alongside the comical size aspect it was bright green and checked. The image of her hurriedly, scuttling across the entrance while trying to manage this tent of a coat needed to be recorded in my little book.




P.s.



If you're scratching you're head for something to do in this gloomy spring weather check out 'Goodbye, First Love.' It's a charming french film from director Mia Hansen-Love following the trials and tribulations of relationships, and how we change, grow and our perspectives can change over time. Basically, if - like me - you enjoy films where you can connect with the characters without clichés or cheesy commercial guff, then next time it's raining outside - probably tomorrow - go see it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment