Tuesday 7 January 2014




Happy New Year!



After  lovely New Years celebrations in Cardiff, I am now back to the daily grind of January life. Oh January, a cold, dark depressing month when you can't even cheer yourself up with food, drink and Christmas knitwear?!? I am however determined that 2014 will be the year that the January blues won't defeat me. (Not going to lie, so far have still been pretty mardy.....)



Train doodles.
On the last Saturday of the Christmas holiday.....sniff.....I went ice skating at Somerset House with sister Lucy and the lovely Jenna and Jon. I could almost pretend it was still Christmas.....




Work wise my next design project doesn't start till next week, but this week we have something called 'Options Festival.' Woo. This is a collaborative project between us theatre students and fine artists. We have had lectures all Autumn term leading up to us getting into groups and creating a piece of work to showcase in the festival. We chose a theme - ranging from Body and Identity to Narrative and then pretty much took it in whatever direction we wanted! I chose Site Intervention, which is basically 'intervening' with a site?

I can't really begin to explain what it is that my group is creating! Photos after Friday will have to suffice!! 

All I can say so far is that we have got some trinkets.....





However, over the holiday I tried out a couple of interventions myself, not deep, complicated, arty stuff just having a bit of fun.....



Took the bench area and made it into.....








Living room. Ta dah.

Then tried the opposite out in the downstairs loo.....






Fair to say when my Dad came in needing the loo he wasn't impressed.



Ah miss the countryside! Today I didn't need to go to Wimbledon so took a bit of a wander around.






Beautiful!


Hope you are all having a lovely 2014 so far!




No comments:

Post a Comment