Tuesday 4 February 2014

 Today I made Earl Grey and raspberry jam cupcakes!




  It was good to have some down-time baking after the crazy busy week I have just had; from cocktails to being in the audience of Graham Norton, to hip-hop in Camden and a night at a Dark Circus I feel like I haven't stayed put for long!! On top of all these fun times I have also begun my practise dissertation on vampires - don't ask!! And working towards the finishing stages of my 'Threepenny Opera' designs.....


Filch.
Jenny Diver.
During class yesterday the idea of making the gang members the same performers as the prostitutes was born. Thought it would add a comical element and fit in with my caricature aesthetic. Creates a lot of scope on the performance side, dress into prostitute outfits and 'forget' to take off their moustache? Or leave on a glove or a feather when 'on a job'.....

Mac-the-Knife. When drawing to music he always came out as a strong, clear, black mark separate from the coloured shapes of the other characters.




Mr and Mrs Peachum.

These shadows, along with the marks I made while painting to the music from the opera, inspired the shadow and caricature nature of my designs and characters.
Mr Peachum.

Mrs Peachum.

Polly - after her marriage to 'Mac-the-knife' and at her wedding.



After all that I am ready for a cuppa and a cupcake.





No comments:

Post a Comment