Thursday 5 July 2012

This is all rather belated! However looking forward toward starting my degree in September I started reminiscing about the costumes I designed this past year on Foundation.....


Design for Long John Silver.


Sourdust - keeper of ritual in Gormenghast.



Costume and beginnings of a story about a human slowly turning into a pigeon in order to escape the stresses of life.....

Ok so this isn't a costume.....but I couldn't resist  imagining the entrance to Gormanghast library.




Family Tree - worn by a very old Lady, as though it's her past  - layer upon layer of stories and history.



Billy Bones costume. The old sea dog, sea - crusted and rum - soaked. Made the 'Sea - crust' from cat food pellets, yes really, and  the shells from DAS clay which I then painted.








Estragon, 'Waiting for Godot.' I created the muddy, mouldy affect on the  coat and shoes by using a mixture of porridge oats and wheatabix mixed with ink and PVA then added a light dusting of Fuller's Earth. Lovely.


Quite an eclectic mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment