Sunday 10 February 2013

After celebrating meeting our deadline by having a few bevvies Friday, I journeyed off to Paris early Saturday with Lucy. It was lovely to get out of London and mindlessly chill for the day, this morning however our alarm failed to go off so our journey to the station was extremely manic and much more touch and go then either of us would have wanted!!!.....


Sacre Coeur.
We had a leisurely day, wandering the streets with frequent pit stops ranging from steak to macaroons. 


View from Sacre Coeur.



We winded our way down through to Montmarte, then onto Opera  where we  took a rather yummy break.....


MACAROONS.....sooooo good, salted caramel and rose with vanilla tea. However, the was a mouse running about Lauderee!!! Felt like something out of the 18th century, especially beacause everyone else was so blase!






Doodles from the train journey.




We went straight to the largest antique market in the world, unfortunately we were frozen so didn't stay as lon as we could, but did find these beautiful old photos.....
Dating from the beginning of the 19th century, they caught my attention as I have recently been learning about the era in lectures at uni, so as well as being fun, pretty images they are also a useful visual reference for my fashion and style notes.
Sketch from one of the photos - 19th century women dressed in mid - 18th century costume. 



I also bought this lovely old journal 'La Mode' which similarly illustrates what I have just learnt from my studies! There was such a massive pile of them, and all so exquisite but my poor student income meant I had to pick just one!

No comments:

Post a Comment