Sunday 2 June 2013

Well this weekend went off with a cracking start when this arrived in the post.....



Excited!!! Dark circus inspired costume at the ready - sequins, feathers, and crazy make-up galore.....pretty much heaven.

My Friday night consisted of a cucumber cocktail, a bacon sandwich where the bread was a source and sipping George's Marvellous Medicine all while listening to the beautiful sounds of The Beatles at a  'Best of British' experimental feast. Saturday brought a 2hr run with Lucy and then an evening of very funny comedy with Sean Hughes!

However, I do have some work to do. Following my crit I need to explore the idea of the dancers wearing trousers as opposed to a pencil skirt a la Melanie. Inspired still by 50s/60s and the sharp, glamour silhouette of Melanie I have opted for tailored, 50s era black trousers, here are some design drawings.....


Melanie.





Bird.



Trousers tapering at bottom, finishing at ankle. Plain black shoes with relatively low, block  heel.



Tailored trousers with the fold line down the front.


White wig same style as Melanie's hair.



Start as Melanie with the liquid eye-liner, then smudge when become birds.

To top off my Sunday, Lucy spontaneously suggested we make scones = I made some scones.....




Baking makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment