Monday 8 July 2013

What a day! I got to while away my Sunday eating and drinking basking in the Derbyshire sunshine, surrounded by friends and beautiful surroundings- on returning home I was then greeted with a sun drenched garden and a large glass of Pimms, and Murray won Wimbledon. Lovely stuff.

On another note my time at Buxton Festival has sadly come to an end. I did everything from sewing hems and buttons, writing fake Victorian bills, distressing wine bottles, framing paintings, putting chandeliers together,swapping paracetamol with tic-tacs and even designed a wedding seating plan, table numbers and wrapped fake wedding presents - I even made some props for Lez Brotherston's opera, my new claim to fame! Ha. On parting I received these lovely tokens of thanks.....

Plant from Liz aka prop lady.

Liz was amazing. Such a nice person to work with - She also gave me delicious treats: Strawberries and cream, chocolate croissants, carrot cake.....
After spending a fair few hours swapping paracetamol with tic-tacs, the designer decided he wanted paarcetamol after all. Apparently tic-tacs bounce more when dropped. Yep.

Wardrobe - which consists of the lovely Mark, Vicki and Sue - gave me this sewing themed bangle! (The feathers in the background will be making their way onto the next hat I make.....)
I am really going to miss helping out!


With my dodgy hip, there is one silver lining - plenty of time to draw.....







 Overall, July is proving to be pretty relaxed.







No comments:

Post a Comment