Tuesday 12 November 2013

Oh I do love this time of year. My Christmas jumpers have made their glorious comeback from the back of the wardrobe, and am writing this while listening to the soundtrack of 'Nightmare Before Christmas' - you all know I am this sad by now!

Last Wednesday I went to a talk at the BFI with one of our tutors, history of costume extraordinaire Elizabeth Dawson, Milliner Sean Barratt and Downton Abbey costume designer Caroline McCall. What a magic combo. All such lovely people, who have been incredibly successful and fortunate. Great talk, entertaining and educational.



At the weekend my parents came down for the weekend. Lovely stuff. We visited The Geffrye Museum, which is right by Hoxton station. Really interesting place, made up of old Alms houses they show how the home has changed from the 19th Century to the present day, and how differing external influences such as trade, industry and society have on taste and have therefore shaped how we live. Here are a couple of snaps, really beautiful spot hidden within bustling East London.






Now I do realise it is only early November, but have already indulged in Christmas activities.This included going to the Fortnum Mason Christmas shop. Twice. In one day. Yep. Oh how I love it, just check out these windows.....





I had my first Starbucks Christmas drink. Toffee Nut Latte. Yum.



Then Sunday I made the 2 HOUR trip to Wimbledon, ( three words: rail replacement bus. Grrr) to the lovely Jenna and Jon's for a 'Winter' roast dinner. Well, the massive hike was well worth it, we are talking northern amounts of gravy, crispy roasties, stuffing AND my first mince pie of the year with brandy sauce!! Then I pretty much passed out with food coma in front of 'Love Actually.' Bravo guys.





However, it hasn't all been festive fun, I have also been creating the tank top for my Trinculo costume, oooooh.....








Woo.
Then this afternoon I did some Christmas baking! Gingerbread biscuits! Yum.

Oh wonderful.

P.s. If you are kicking your heels take a trip to the cinema and see 'Philomena.' What. A. Film. I cried.....a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment