Monday 4 November 2013

The past week positively flew by! I have felt pretty productive getting my costume off the ground, first bit of work experience (which I am now apparently performing in?!?) and at the same time had some fun with a student night at the Wallace Collection, then a 1980's themed Birthday Party! I got to dance to The Police so had a cracking night.....
Birthday girl Natasha and Jenna with hair as big as the Earth. Looking beaut girls.



Dancing fun!


I never wear coloured make up so fun to have a play!
But it hasn't all been theme party fun - here is a little taster in how my costume design for Trinculo is starting to become a real costume. Exciting stuff.....

After measuring my model I set out shopping for some elements of the costume. These will then be ever so slightly broken down to make them look more lived in and 'real'. The tank top is going to have dye and applique work to create the diamond pattern and the shoes are going to be sprayed red and white!

I then got my model, Nick, to try on everything I had bought, thankfully it all fit!

My next stage? To get making the toile for the Teddy Boy influenced jacket!



The finished toile, welt pockets and all!
Today I have been having some spraying fun on the shoes. Flashy.


Looking fly.



 




No comments:

Post a Comment